freetds - Re: [freetds] Exceptoins are not picked up by FreeTDS fromDB?(0.62.2 )

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Exceptoins are not picked up by FreeTDS fromDB?(0.62.2 )
  • Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:25:55 -0400

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004, Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it> wrote:
> IMHO it's time for a release...

You caught me by surprise there. ;-)

There are a couple of TODO items I wonder about.

. Star Office complains that these TypeInfo constants are not implemented
in SQLGetInfo:
47 SQL_USER_NAME
(handle environment callbacks)
do a "SELECT USER_NAME()". If data pending MS do another connection with

same login.

Is this still pending? ISTM we don't need to "select user_name()"; we
have the username in the login record.

Les Gondor reported on 14 Apr 2004, to my surprise, that OpenOffice.org
works on Solaris. Has anyone else had any luck on another platform? If
we're that close, it seems like OO.org compatibilty is a reasonable goal
for 0.63.

But the most important issue, to my mind, is ODBC error reporting. If,
Freddy, you think that's *solved* -- according to the specs we discussed a
couple weeks ago, including errors after returning results in a stored
procedure -- then, yes, we should prepare a release.

We also need man pages for bsqldb and defncopy....