freetds - RE: [freetds] Row processed count returns 0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Piet De Jong" <piet AT ahead-tech.net>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Row processed count returns 0
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 13:34:52 +0200

Hi All,

Attached I have the odbclog file and tdsdump file.
Something strange is happening now, I am using freetds 0.62.2 with
OTLV4.
Attached is also the code.

What happens is the select statement does not return the correct id,
instead it seems like it returns some weird long number. ( line 42 - 46
in sample ).

The correct result is returned fine when I use the openlink ODBC driver.
When I rewrite the C app to Perl it works fine ( using DBI::ODBC ) &
FreeTDS.

I would like to offer assistance if any coding/testing is required,
however I am not familiar with the ODBC-internals..
( That's why I stick to OTL :-)

One more thing: make check failed, I am not sure why but for your
interest I have attached the stderr & stdout logs in makecheckres.tgz

Many thanks
Piet

Ps:
Freddy,
I could not find these lines in 0.62.2 release which you instructed me
to remove in your previous email:

#if !UNIXODBC
if (stmt->dbc->current_statement != stmt) {
odbc_errs_add(&stmt->errs, "24000", NULL, NULL);
ODBC_RETURN(stmt, SQL_ERROR);
}

IRD_CHECK;
#endif