freetds - [freetds] textptr size in blob field

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: M C <mcbp223 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] textptr size in blob field
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 05:39:04 -0800 (PST)

I am playing with Query Analizer as a server emulator.
For blobs, it will accept arbitrary lengths for textptr, less than 256 of
coarse (my tests were with the MS odbc driver and oledb provider so far).
Would you please check the hardcoding in token.cpp, function tds_get_data(),
by the line
if (len == 16) { /* Jeff's hack */
tds_get_n(tds, blob_info->textptr, 16);

and see if you can afford a dynamic size for that?
I'm not sure if you want to go for the allocation overhead though, but some
strategy with optimization for len <= 16 might work.
Thanks,
MC