freetds - Re: [freetds] PHP and MSSQL API

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT axelero.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] PHP and MSSQL API
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 00:05:49 +0100

The mssql_* functions however are _only_ for connecting to MSSQL via the native libraries when using PHP on Windows.

This is not true. PHP has for a very long time (as long back as 4.10 and probably even earlier) provided a rough estimate of the mssql_* functions on UNIX when using either of the two sybase extensions, and since version 4.30 of PHP (released Dec 2002), as Robert correctly noted, even the mssql extension itself is available, with I believe provides exactly the same list of functions as available on Windows.

As for Robert's question, I recommend reading this previous post of mine ;)
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/freetds/2004q1/015610.html

--
fds