freetds - RE: Re: [freetds] Data conversion limit for strings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: Re: [freetds] Data conversion limit for strings
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 13:50:24 +0100

> Hi James and Freddy,
>
> > Thanks for finding our bug. Please try the attached patch.
> If it works,
> > I'll apply it to the 0.62 branch. At the very least, it
> will make your
> > log bigger.
>
> Yep, it worked. Fantastic, thanks for your help. I made some
> more test with a very large amount of Japanese and Chinese
> signs, and they were transmitted to the database totally correct.
>
> Below you will find the log for the working insert, to see
> what the new log
> entries print out.
>
> Again, thanks for your help. If I can support your project in
> any way, let me know.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Marco Brinkmann

Thanks. Could you please send more log (like packet sent) ?

Patch works however it's the correct way to fix problem? We ignore all
errors replacing with logs... Perhaps it should be better to return 0
from tds_iconv on EINVAL and suppress->einval ?? Or just continue (in
write.c) if we get EINVAL and there is still data to write (len > 0) ??
IMHO this patch should be put on 0.62 too...

utf_2 test do not detect error cause it tests output while utf_1 do not
detect cause it use small buffers...