freetds - [freetds] Data conversion limit for strings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Marco Brinkmann" <brinkmann AT meacon.de>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Data conversion limit for strings
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 19:40:16 +0100

Hi everyone,

after I fixed my UTF-8 truncation (setup a new system width RedHat 8.0),
I have another string truncation.

Reading works perfect now no matter what column type and field size. But
if I try to insert more than let's say 50-80 japanese signs, the insert
does not work and quite strange it throws no error (the tds protocol say
it: tds_put_string tries to convert 128 bytes and 0 bytes were written).

If I try to insert ascii code, no size limit is active. If I split up
the Japanese string into parts with ascii code between the parts, the
insert works also perfect.

I guess there is a limit of conversion, but how can I increase this
limit?

Marco Brinkmann