freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBC unit tests "funccall" and "transaction"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Nick Gorham <nick AT lurcher.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>, freddyz77 AT tin.it
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBC unit tests "funccall" and "transaction"
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 11:49:17 +0000

Frediano Ziglio wrote:

From: James K. Lowden [mailto:jklowden AT schemamania.org] Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 5:16 AM
To: FreeTDS Development Group

My last information was that your test boxes run unixODBC-2.2.6, and Freddy tells us unixODBC-2.2.7 is just broken, and not only for FreeTDS. Is that accurate?
Yes, the 0.62 release notes should definitely say to use 2.2.6 and avoid
2.2.7. I still have 2.0.11 on the Digital UNIX system, so that machine
doesn't pass the "transaction" test, but I'm confident that it would if I
upgraded to 2.2.6 (which I'm currently not at liberty to do).

Yesterday Nick Gorham replied to my mail and confirm the problem. 2.2.7
is quite broken... Nick is working to fix the problem and release a
2.2.8 version ASAP. It give to me a patch (already in unixODBC CVS) but
it do not fix all problems. I tried also to update our
SQLExecute/SQLExecDirect to return correct SQL_NO_DATA value (this
should be correct result is no data) however more tests fails :( so I
leave the code as is (even if do not respect specification in this
direction)...

Hang on, I didn't say that at all, SQLMoreResults is broken, but AFAIK nothing else. I said that I don't want to release 2.2.8 if I can avoid it, with only one bug fix.

If you know of any other problems in the DM please let me know.

--
Nick

I have a red sign on my door.
It says "If this sign is blue, you're moving too fast."