freetds - Re: [freetds] SQSH2.1 compiles, but hangs & quits @ logon

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Daniel Fazekas <fdsubs AT axelero.hu>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQSH2.1 compiles, but hangs & quits @ logon
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 15:37:17 +0100

On Dec 28, 2003, at 21:49, James K. Lowden wrote:

I'm curious when was the last time anybody built
sqsh against the latest freetds on a RH box.
Me too.

I built it on Fedora Core 1 last week, and a long time ago on RHL 7.3.

Both works fine as far as I can tell. Admittedly, I'm not a heavy user of sqsh and go with Microsoft's Enterprise Manager / Query Analyzer whenever I could. :) Simple queries definitely work.

I had to edit src/config.h though to get it compiled. The configure script thought my system doesn't even have such basics as memmove() or memcpy(). Oh well, autoconf always scares me.

Strangely, on Mac OS X, sqsh compiles and builds without any hand-editing of config.h. Most other software require a lot more attention to get it compile properly on OS X - including FreeTDS itself.

--
fds