freetds - Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 12:18:23 -0500

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, "Roland Bole" <roland.bole AT gmx.at> wrote:

> > The only error which is reported is during the ececution of the query
> > with tsgl:
> > -----------
> > ZUM ZAUCHNERWIRT
> > ZUPAN PATRICIA
> > Msg 2403, Level 16, State 0, Server OpenClient, Line 0
> > WARNING! Some character(s) could not be converted into client's
> > character set. Unconverted bytes were changed to question marks ('?').
> > Z?RICH KOSMOS
> >

> >> This is NOT an error !!
> Yes, but if I have some Ö Ä and so an I got ?

If you connect with tsql, and issue the query that returns "ZÜRICH
KOSMOS", do you get the 2403 message? If so, could we see the complete
log?

I can't tell from this thread whether your difficulties stem from FreeTDS
or PHP, or some interaction between them. I'd like to make sure the basic
character set conversion functionality is working for you.