freetds - RE: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] connect problem to mssql 7.0
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 14:34:36 +0100

> >Apache 1.3 should change PID simply cause after some request it stop
> >sub process and fork another apache... This to keep itself stable.
> >However I don't understand why PHP do not make another connection...
> I use mssql_pconnect to connect, php should establish a new connection
>
> >When first process finish connections are automatically closed... or
> >not ??
> How can I assert this?

I would process in such way:
1- reduce php source. Does a script like
- pconnect
- select
- display
cause the problem? This should be the only script executed by the server.
2- use a packet capturer (ethereal or whatever) to test connections.

>From packet capture you should see the connection close and not the open...

If you got 1 working and you don't know what to do next send script to ML,
we'll try to reproduce and fix it.

> >Perhaps it's a PHP problem? You spotted a very strange problem...
> I use the mssql PHP Functions according the php manual
> There are only simple queries with joins.
>
> Perhaps there is a problem with environment variables I
> didnĀ“t set one.

I don't know...