freetds - RE: [freetds] Error in SQLGetInfo for SQL_FILE_USAGE

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Error in SQLGetInfo for SQL_FILE_USAGE
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:18:21 +0100

> Martin Spott <Martin.Spott AT uni-duisburg.de> wrote:
>
> > Exactly. Hoooray .... Unfortunately I can't connect to my Sybase
> > database anymore, at least not via ODBC driver. I used to test with
> > unixODBC's 'isql' commandline monitor:
> >
> > isnix: 12:53:46 ~> isql gluehbirne mas dummy4
> > [ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect
> >

> > Something's wrong here - I will reverse my CVS tree to last week and
> > see if that changes anything.
>
> Found it - most recent changes toggled the behaviour of the ODBC
> driver:
>
> gluehbirne: 13:22:21 ~/CVS/FreeTDS/freetds> cvs -q update -dP
> -D "2 days ago"
> gluehbirne: 13:25:39 ~/CVS/FreeTDS/freetds> cvs -q update -dP
> -D "1 days ago"
> P ChangeLog
> P configure.in
> P doc/tsql.txt
> P doc/userguide.sgml
> P src/odbc/Makefile.am
> P src/odbc/unittests/raiseerror.c
> P src/tds/Makefile.am
> P src/tds/character_sets.h
> P src/tds/config.c
> P src/tds/encodings.h
> P src/tds/query.c
> P src/tds/sybase_character_sets.h
> P src/tds/sybase_character_sets.h.pl
>
> I attached a very short 'sql.log' for this case (1st attachment).
>
> Apart from that there's a funny error with FreeTDS/ODBC and OOo-1.1.0
> (using a previous versions that can make a connect).
> I can connect to my Sybase database, I can browse the database in the
> database view subwindow ('F4') and I can klick on a table icon. This
> results in a funny query sent to the databas server:
>
> > SELECT * FROM "Orgdaten"."dbo"."ZEITERF" WHERE 0 = 1
>
> For obvious reasons the server rejects this query:

No, this is not obvious... mssql accept this syntax!
Perhaps we must use "SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON" at beginning...

>From Sybase site

Both Adaptive Server Enterprise and Adaptive Server IQ provide a
quoted_identifier option that allows the interpretation of delimited
strings to be changed. By default, the quoted_identifier option is set
to OFF in Adaptive Server Enterprise, and to ON in Adaptive Server IQ.

You cannot use SQL reserved words as identifiers if the
quoted_identifier option is off.

> > Incorrect syntax near 'Orgdaten'
>
> I attached compressed 'freetds.log' and 'sql.log' for whom this might
> belong (2nd and 3rd attachment),
>
> Martin.

I'll do the change and test (this evening)...
Or perhaps I can send you a patch...