freetds - Re: [freetds] Compile 2 DBD::Sybase under one install of perl

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: "Kaufman, Larry" <larry.kaufman AT gs.com>, "Chmiel, Trish" <Trish.Chmiel AT gs.com>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Compile 2 DBD::Sybase under one install of perl
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:14:09 -0800

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 08:59, Hirsch, Jonathan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is it possible install two copies of DBD::Sybase in my perl installation.
> One that uses the Freetds libs and the other using the generic Sybase libs.
> Right now when I compile DBD::Sybase I can only specify one set of libs with
> the SYBASE variable. Does anyone know if this can be done?

You can install one of the copies in its own directory, by using
perl Makefile.PL LIB=/some/other/dir

Then in the perl script you'll have to say:

use lib '/some/other/dir/lib';
use lib '/som/other/dir/arch';

where "arch" is your system architecture (i386-linux, in my case)

However, you will NOT be able to use both copies of DBD::Sybase in the
same script due to name space clashes.

Michael
--
Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc.