freetds - RE: [freetds] Problems getting results from MSSQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Quique Luna" <e-luna1 AT ti.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Problems getting results from MSSQL
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:33:39 -0600

This is my file...

Thank you for helping me...

-----Original Message-----
From: freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:freetds-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org]On Behalf Of Thompson, Bill D
(London)
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 8:12 AM
To: 'FreeTDS Development Group'

Hi Quique,

Your best bet (and you'll find us suggesting this to many people who have
strange problems when they first start up with FreeTDS),
is to generate a "TDSDUMP"

You can do this by setting the environment variable TDSDUMP to a filename,
e.g :

setenv TDSDUMP mydumpfile.dat

or

export TDSDUMP=mydumpfile.dat

Then when you rerun your test, you should find a log of everything that
freeTDS has done.

I guess you'll need to kill your test at some point. Leave this a little
longer than you might normally, as the TDSDUMP logging slows down freetds
quite a bit...

Then post us the file, if you can.

regards,

Bill