freetds - RE: [freetds] Problems getting results from MSSQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Problems getting results from MSSQL
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 14:12:02 -0000

Hi Quique,

Your best bet (and you'll find us suggesting this to many people who have
strange problems when they first start up with FreeTDS),
is to generate a "TDSDUMP"

You can do this by setting the environment variable TDSDUMP to a filename,
e.g :

setenv TDSDUMP mydumpfile.dat

or

export TDSDUMP=mydumpfile.dat

Then when you rerun your test, you should find a log of everything that
freeTDS has done.

I guess you'll need to kill your test at some point. Leave this a little
longer than you might normally, as the TDSDUMP logging slows down freetds
quite a bit...

Then post us the file, if you can.

regards,

Bill