freetds - Re: [freetds] Freetds\sql server lag

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Jackson <CRAIGJ AT EPUB.IACNET.COM>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: CRAIGJ AT EPUB.IACNET.COM
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Freetds\sql server lag
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 13:41:37 -0500 (EST)

>I recently run into lag issue for queries that splited on more then one
>packet.

>Here is the full descrption:
>http://moshe.i-com-it.com/issues/mssql.html

>From looking at your web page, I'd say that this sounds like the kind of
problem that the TCP_NODELAY socket option is supposed to solve.

I'm not familiar with the FreeTDS code -- I'm mostly a lurker here.
I don't know if FreeTDS has an option to set that or not. (Or even
if it would be FreeTDS' responsibility -- that might be something that
would need to be set on the server end.)

What do packet traces of similar queries look like when Microsoft
tools are used?

Craig Jackson
Craig.Jackson AT thomson.com
The Gale Group, a unit of Thomson Corp