freetds - RE: [freetds] patch 20031120

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] patch 20031120
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:44:05 -0500

Instead of "iconv(cd, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL)"? OK.

> I don't understand "iconv_info->suppress.eilseq = *wire_size > 0;"
> reason...

The only time to suppress EILSEQ is during chunking. Look at
tds_get_char_data(). If *wire_size > 0 when we're about to call
tds_iconv(), that means we're not on the last chunk. Unless we're on the
last chunk, we don't care about EILSEQ.

> Perhaps the best solution should be a tds_iconv_done called
> after every
> conversion. So to reset state for next conversion, issue
> EINVAL/EILSEQ/whatever warnings/errors and prepare everything else for
> conversion.

I don't see a need for tds_iconv_done(). One memset(3) before calling
tds_iconv() is generally enough. The caller will need to ensure the
_suppress structure is correct prior to calling tds_iconv(), so it won't
matter if the previous caller cleaned up _suppress or not.

the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Please note that we do not accept account orders and/or instructions
by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders
and/or instructions.