freetds - [freetds] patch 20031120

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] patch 20031120
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 14:55:15 +0100

This patch (curr.diff.gz) try to fix some issues with UTF-8

* include/tdsiconv.h freetds62/src/server/login.c:
* src/tds/iconv.c src/tds/login.c:
* src/tds/query.c src/tds/read.c:
* src/tds/token.c src/tds/unittests/common.c:
* src/tds/unittests/flags.c src/tds/unittests/utf8_1.c:
* src/tds/util.c src/tds/write.c:
- fix iconv conversions
- remove libgen.h dependency in token.c
- fix core enabling dumping
- packet size setting in src/tds/unittests/common.c
- fix flags test
- fix utf8_1 test (use NTEXT, not TEXT for testing)

However I changed tds_iconv prototype and some behaviour. io parameter
was replaced with a flags parameter that specify direction, previous
error and chunking behaviour. tds_iconv return a set of errors, not only
a single error.
Onestly I don't like that much the change (perhaps it's best to add a
int* flags parameter??)... however it works.

Other patch (extra.diff.gz) is some additional patch
- ODBC: SQL_DESC_LENGTH return correctly size in characters (not bytes
required) however this can break some older program (ODBC2)...
- token.c: return TDS_DONEINPROC_RESULT. This fix some ODBC tests but
seem to have some issues with CTLib (I'm working with Bill Thompson to
fix the problem...)

So, if someone like the first patch and have CVS write access commit it,
if someone want to try ODBC with some fix try also second one (please do
not commit extra patch)