freetds - RE: [freetds] sp_tables (ODBC)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] sp_tables (ODBC)
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 15:28:08 +0100

> Thank you! It works!!!!!!!
>

> That's fantastic. You must realize that at this point
> (unless we hit a
> wall) we have managed to connect an IBM Domino server running
> on Linux to an MS SQL server. Thanks to you guys.... Thank you!!!
>
> Until recent nightly builds (including improved ODBC
> compliance!?!) there was no opensource solution out there to
> do that... Th only option IBM could give was to use the
> easysoft ODBC-ODBC bridge.
>
> You guys have broken this barrier.
>
> We are in the process of performing more tests and running
> more complex SQL qyeries, calling stored procedures etc....
>
> Once we have conclusive results, we will let you guys know.
> At which point, we want to contribute to your project as you
> have allowed us a great deal of functionality with our Lotus
> Domino project.
>

> Please let me know what we can do to contribute (i.e.: Make
> you known by IBM as an alternative to easysoft solution,
> translate documentation - french!?!, give you $$$, send you
> our story & detailed config steps
> etc...) - just let us know! I have no approval from anyone
> on this but I want to suggest some way of thanking you to
> upper management here.
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick

Thank you very much !

There are many way you can help FreeTDS project
- documentation
- explain how to use FreeTDS with Lotus Domino
- write down your experience with FreeTDS (problems, etc)
- anything you think useful
- tests and bugs report (as you are doing) go on with store procedure
I'm doing the same task now...

About translation... I don't know. IMHO translations should be kept
relatively up-to-date or is better to avoid them.

For money I activated a PayPal account (I don't know the state of other
developers)... you know I can't live only on air :)
https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=frediano.ziglio%40vodafone.com&no
_note=1&tax=0&currency_code=EUR