freetds - RE: [freetds] sp_tables (ODBC)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Patrick Poncet" <patrickp AT pintys.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] sp_tables (ODBC)
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:37:16 -0500

Thank you! It works!!!!!!!

That's fantastic. You must realize that at this point (unless we hit a
wall) we have managed to connect an IBM Domino server running on Linux
to an MS SQL server. Thanks to you guys.... Thank you!!!

Until recent nightly builds (including improved ODBC compliance!?!)
there was no opensource solution out there to do that... Th only option
IBM could give was to use the easysoft ODBC-ODBC bridge.

You guys have broken this barrier.

We are in the process of performing more tests and running more complex
SQL qyeries, calling stored procedures etc....

Once we have conclusive results, we will let you guys know. At which
point, we want to contribute to your project as you have allowed us a
great deal of functionality with our Lotus Domino project.

Please let me know what we can do to contribute (i.e.: Make you known by
IBM as an alternative to easysoft solution, translate documentation -
french!?!, give you $$$, send you our story & detailed config steps
etc...) - just let us know! I have no approval from anyone on this but
I want to suggest some way of thanking you to upper management here.

Regards,

Patrick