freetds - [freetds] application spin on HPUX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: sreynolds AT bradmark.com
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] application spin on HPUX
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:24:16 -0600

Kind Sirs and Madams

I have a problem that I am wondering if anyone on the tds list might be able
to help.

I have an application that connects and exports data using freetds. It runs
well on
several platforms (WIN32, solaris, linux, Tru64, AIX), but is having a
problem on
HPUX 11.11 when it connects to a Sybase 12.503 (64-bit) on another HPUX 11.11
box. At this one place, the application does not connect, and instead spins
consuming most of the CPU.

The application logic is:
* Print a hello message
* Connect using SQLConnect(...)
* If failure, print connection failure message and exit
* SQLGetInfo(..SQL_DBMS_NAME,...);
* Print a connection confirmation message

This time, the connection confirmation or failure message didn't print, the
application just spins (the hello message does print). The user there set
TDSDUMP,
but did not get a log file.

On a local machine that is also HPUX 11.11/Sybase 12.503 64-bit, the
application
works just fine.

I am using an intermediate version of freetds 0.61 taken about 1/31 or so.
I set the TDS version to 5 in the odbc.ini file.

Has anyone seen something like this, or can offer any help?

Thanks kindly
--
Steven Reynolds Bradmark Technologies
sreynolds AT bradmark.com http://www.bradmark.com