freetds - RE: [freetds] new configuration settings

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] new configuration settings
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:11:03 +0100

> Thanks a lot James,
>
> I'll test it out the disable-iconv stuff on Monday.
>
> fair exchange is no robbery, as they say. I'll submit my
> patch early next
> week.
> I got kind of absorbed with getting the
> ctlib/unittests/lang_ct_param program
> working against SQL Server, as someone has expressed an
> interest in getting
> that sorted.
>
> Bill

About lang_ct_param: this test never worked. The simple reason is that
this function use a Sybase version of TDS_LANGUAGE token. MSSQL support
language only in language packet so you have to use prepared statement
to use parameters (or build a string, possible but not good for
performance). Current code use sp_executesql but is broken. Calling
sp_executesql is a good solution but require that all parameters have a
correct name. For example you can call sp_executesql with

EXEC sp_executesql, N'insert into test(i) values(@i)', N'@i INT', 123

If you set parameters without names tds_submit_query_params build a
parameter string (the N'@i INT' above) without names (N' INT') that's
wrong... The solution should be parse query string and find parameters
('insert into test(i) values(@i)' -> @i) and set in params parameters.
Also you should skip 'declare @name type' statements...