freetds - RE: [freetds] Unsupported ct_con_props property CS_SERVERNAME

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Unsupported ct_con_props property CS_SERVERNAME
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 09:59:07 +0100

Hi,

I've determined that in Sybase Open Client the servername returned by
ct_con_props(CS_SERVERNAME) is the logical servername specified by the
client (and resolved in the interfaces file).
This is not necessarily the same as the REAL server name which we would get
returned on the LOGINACK message - so our job's much easier...

I'll patch this in to my current patch I'm working on....

Bill