freetds - [freetds] problem getting ResultSet

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steven Orton <sorton9999 AT usa.net>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] problem getting ResultSet
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 13:30:49 -0400

Hello,

I have a peculiar problem getting data from my SQL Server 7.0 backend DB
using FreeTDS. I am using the ODBC++ API and can connect and execute a SQL
statement. But when I try to get a result set associated with the query, it
fails with a "failure to assign pointer to statement" error.
This occurs within the SQLSetStmtAttr with the attribute being
SQL_ATTR_ROWS_FETCHED_PTR.

So, my question is, Are there any known issues with ODBC++ and FreeTDS?

I should also mention that things work fine with my iODBC DSN, but not with
this one running the same queries. Also, I'm pretty sure I compiled the
FreeTDS lib with the correct switches. I'm using the unixODBC manager right
now, so I compiled with the unixODBC compile switch and I tried switching the
driver version to 4.2 with no change.

Hope someone can shed some light....thanks in advance.....steve---

Steven J. Orton
Software Engineer
Northrup Grumman Information Technology
42 Valley Road, Unit #3 Middletown, RI 02842
[Office: (401)849-3524] [NUWC: (401)832-2902]
[Email: steve.orton AT ngc.com]