freetds - Re: [freetds] Mac OSX make error Undefined symbols

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Vijoy Varghese" <viijv AT thedifferenZ.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Mac OSX make error Undefined symbols
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:25:40 +0530

> HTH. :-) Now, I'm sure where you are, the sun is shining, and as a
> matter of fact, it will be here, too, before too long. But before then, I
> think I'll get some sleep.

[helpdesk:~] admin% tsql -S ABC -U tester
locale is "C"
using default charset "ISO-8859-1"
Password:
1>

Now does this mean that I am done with freetds Installation :-/

If yes, hehe, friends I did it... :-)
I am a newbie to linux :-D(this is the first time i am doing a tar xvfz
asdfg.tar.gz) , all I had with me was freetds.org and this mailing list
archive and you ppl and now this is what I have done..
I am now in India on a WINDOWS 98 machine with Putty for doing SSH.
I installed freetds (and lots of gnu stuffs) on a Mac OSX
And now, I am connected to a third computer, WINDOWS 2000, and reading data
from a MS SQL.

Hehehe, I am excited!

Thank you all,
Special thanks to Isak and James.

And, if
[helpdesk:~] admin% tsql -S ABC -U tester
locale is "C"
using default charset "ISO-8859-1"
Password:
1>
doesn't mean that I am done with freetds, please do let me know... :-)

Now, I have to install DBD::Sybase, so back to work and again thanks for all
your help...

Regards
Vijoy
[India->Kerala->Kochi]