freetds - Re: [freetds] Mac OSX make error Undefined symbols

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Mac OSX make error Undefined symbols
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 23:39:11 -0400

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, "Vijoy Varghese" <viijv AT thedifferenZ.com> wrote:

> gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/tsql
> tsql.o -lncurses -L../tds/.libs -ltds -L/usr/local/lib -liconv
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _gethostbyaddr_r
> _gethostbyname_r
> _getservbyname_r
> make[2]: *** [tsql] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> What could be wrong?

The archives are your friend, my friend. See Mark Lilback's message of 30
September.

"It dies building tsql because gethostbyaddr_r is not found. (10.2 doesn't
support the _r functions.)"

I think if you "touch src/apps/tsql", that should let the rest of "make
install" run. Either that, or configure without thread support?

Thank you for recapitulating your experience. We need to get this into
the User Guide when it's all squared away.