freetds - RE: [freetds] Are unittests expected to fail?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Are unittests expected to fail?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 17:02:08 +0200

> Hi Freddy...
>
> Thanks for responding...
>
> >You are using TDS 4.2. Try with an higher TDS version. Usually I try
> >with unixODBC. Current results (TDS5+, unixODBC) should be
> > - with GNU iconv + single-byte
>
> Ok - point number one I was using the wrong TDS version - but
> this doesn't affect what I see with the ODBC unit-tests.
>
> Still 6 failures as before with unixODBC.
> (As for iconv - I'm not using GNU, just what comes with FreeTDS:
>
> - connect - succeeds with several connection strings, but fails on the
> old version, due to my inability to configure
> odbcinst.ini properly.
> Doesn't affect ability of other tests to connect. So
> probably not an
> issue.

Documentation problem...

my /etc/odbcinst.ini

[PostgreSQL]
Description = ODBC for PostgreSQL
Driver = /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so
Setup = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so
FileUsage = 1

[ODBC]
Trace = Yes
TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log
ForceTrace = No
Pooling = No

[FreeTDS]
Description = FreeTDS driver
Driver =
/home/fziglio/cpp/freetds/freetds/src/odbc/.libs/libtdsodbc.so
Setup =
/home/fziglio/cpp/freetds/freetds/src/odbc/.libs/libtdsodbc.so
FileUsage = 1
CPTimeout =
CPReuse =

> - funccall - don't know what's wrong here. Output parameters?
> - moreandcount - odd. Returned 0 columns instead of 1.
> - params - Don't know. Does output parameter support work?

Mmm.. try using --enable-developing in configure. Developing code will
be enabled in 0.62

> - transaction - Don't know why commit failed.

Know. I don't still know if this is a bug or just a different and
correct implementation.

> - type - Well this is quite possibly down to iconv

Related to ODBC3 updates. ODBC3 handle type in a weird way...

> I see that the last 3 are failures you listed. So the main
> mystery is over funccall and moreandcount - I guess. Any ideas?
>
> I've attached the output from make check, in case you
> or anyone else can be bothered.
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

I think your problems are related to --enable-developing and
odbcinst.ini...