freetds - RE: [freetds] Are unittests expected to fail?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Are unittests expected to fail?
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:07:43 +0100

Just FYI

I'm also testing.
the tds unittest "flags" just works for SYBASE servers (TDS 4.2 or 5.0)
I've got a patch to make it work for SQL server servers too...(which will
come with my other patches, but is :

/* check select of 2 field */
test_begin("select c, b from #tmp1 for browse");
info = tds->curr_resinfo;

if (IS_TDS7_PLUS(tds)) {
if (info->num_cols != 2)
fatal_error("wrong number or columns returned");
} else {
if (info->num_cols != 3)
fatal_error("wrong number or columns returned");
}

Your other failure is on the "dynamic1" test program. This works for me on
all TDS versions.

Bill