freetds - RE: [freetds] Does SQLBindParameter work with SQLExecDirect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Does SQLBindParameter work with SQLExecDirect
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:10:48 +0200

> Hi Freddy,
>
> Thanks for the fix. I guess I can't complain about the bugfix
> response time. 24 mins to reply to my email with fix in CVS
> ain't at all bad. :-)
>
> General question - am I mad to run against the 0.62 development
> code? i.e....
>
> Is it relatively stable (with the bonus of bug-fixes and extra
> functionality making up for any occasional instability)?
> I'm not about to ship any app code to a customer at this
> moment in time - so quite stable is fine with me. (I don't
> mind being an inadvertant beta tester for the occasional bug
> that sneaks in).
>
> OR is this code in major upheaval and not really worth trying
> to use just yet?
>
> Cheers,
>
> David

IMHO there are some things to fix:
1- iconv stuff
2- SQLPutData
3- Sybase prepare using blobs

1- is stable if you use single byte encoding (ISO-8859-1, ISO-8859-15
are ok, UTF8, UCS2, BIG5 aren't) and GNU iconv (Linux use GNU iconv by
default).
2- do not use it !!! it do not work (it do not crash, just SQLPrepare
return SQL_ERROR, not SQL_NEED_DATA and SQLPutData do not work)
3- if you do not use Sybase servers is not a problem...

That's all. I suggest to use --enable-developing options. This option
will have no effect when 2 and 3 will be fixed.