freetds - RE: [freetds] Stored procedure output

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <ThompBil AT exchange.uk.ml.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Stored procedure output
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:10:58 +0100

Hi James,

It depends what you mean by output.

If your SP issues a select statement, then the results of the select should
be no different from any other select, a TDS_ROWFMT_RESULT followed by
TDS_ROW_RESULT.

You may well get some token types which you are not currently handling
though.

You'll get a TDS_STATUS_RESULT with the return status of the SP, and you may
get some tokens if you have output parameters on the SP (TDS_PARAM_RESULT).

Look at the dblib or ctlib code to see how these could be handled -
src/dblib/dblib.c (dbresults) or src/ctlib/ct.c (ct_results)

Bill