freetds - [freetds] Stored procedure output

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: James Vanns <jimv AT canterbury.ac.uk>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Stored procedure output
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:06:04 +0100

Hi all (again). I am wondering how to print the output of a stored
procedure call using the FreeTDS API (not dblib or ctlib). It can
process results from tables, views and functions but does nothing when
executing an SP:

exec sel_user 'username'.

I know by looking at the tds dump file the data has come back across the
wire. I am switching on the result type from tds_process_result tokens
e.g.

switch (resulttype) {
case TDS_ROWFMT_RESULT:
/* ... */
break;
case TDS_ROW_RESULT:
/* ... */
break;
}

Should there be something else for printing SP results?

Like I said the code I have is printing everything else fine (apart from
blobs but I'm not bothered about that at the moment).

Any ideas?

Regards

Jim

--