freetds - RE: [freetds] Stored procedure output

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO Frediano" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Stored procedure output
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:10:32 +0200

> Hi all (again). I am wondering how to print the output of a
> stored procedure call using the FreeTDS API (not dblib or
> ctlib). It can process results from tables, views and
> functions but does nothing when executing an SP:

Why not other library ?
The best way to keep up-to-date using libTDS is to put your project into
CVS...

> exec sel_user 'username'.
>
> I know by looking at the tds dump file the data has come back
> across the wire. I am switching on the result type from
> tds_process_result tokens e.g.
>
> switch (resulttype) {
> case TDS_ROWFMT_RESULT:
> /* ... */
> break;
> case TDS_ROW_RESULT:
> /* ... */
> break;
> }
>
> Should there be something else for printing SP results?

See TDS_PARAM_RESULT and TDS_STATUS_RESULT.
You should use code reference (make dist or use distribution file
doc/reference.tgz)...

> Like I said the code I have is printing everything else fine
> (apart from blobs but I'm not bothered about that at the moment).

See tsql.c for who to retrieve blobs (it's just a line of code...)