freetds - Re: [freetds] dbmorecmds works

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] dbmorecmds works
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 02:25:43 -0400

On 30 Jul 2003 08:06:59 +0200, Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT bluewin.ch>
wrote:

> You *could* just do sp_help all by itself - or "sp_help sysusers", as
> the sysusers table is guaranteed to exist in all the databases and all
> the versions of Sybase and MS-SQL.

Fair enough. Can I lean on you for a suggestion, Michael?

dbmorecmds() needs a unit test that returns more than one result set,
consistently. I'd rather not install a stored procedure, because that
requires privileges. I'd like to find a system stored procedure that 1)
returns more than one result set and 2) returns exactly the same sets for
all versions from both vendors. Any suggestions?

I could try it once with dbresults() and again with dbmorecmds() and see
if I get the same count. But that's not very independent; if something's
wrong underneath, both functions will get the same (wrong) answer.

Unless you have a better idea....