freetds - RE: [freetds] tdspool: Segmentation fault on connect

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] tdspool: Segmentation fault on connect
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 16:09:33 -0400

It looks like tdspool is broken. I just tried it. It fails to connect to
the server if your username isn't all lower case, which wasn't hard to fix.
Unfortunately, it then misinterprets the login packet (at least on my
machine). It gets the username wrong, then compares it to what it used from
pool.conf, and rejects the login.

Connecting to it with tsql then yields this output below on the console.
Anyone feel like fixing it?

--jkl

$ tsql -Smypool -U$U -P$P
Found conf file in /usr/local/etc/pool.conf reading sections
Listening on port 5000
waiting for a connect
accepting connection
waiting for a connect
tdspool in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense.
[repeats above 6 times]
host ntc5003.acml.com
user 8287
^^^^ wrong
pass xxxxxxxx
^^^^^^^^ correct
app TSQL
srvr mypool
vers 4.2
lib TDS-Librar
lang us_english
char iso_1
bsiz 512
tdspool in free(): warning: page is already free.
waiting for a connect

the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message. Please note that we do not accept account orders and/or instructions
by e-mail, and therefore will not be responsible for carrying out such orders
and/or instructions.