freetds - [freetds] Building sybperl ontop of freeTDS to connect to MS Sqlserver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Gill, Lakh" <lakh.gill AT uk.nomura.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Building sybperl ontop of freeTDS to connect to MS Sqlserver
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:36:39 +0100

Hi,

freeTDS newee here although I've been using sybperl with sybase openclientc
for a while.

I've tried compiling sybperl into a version of perl that I want to use to
access sqlserver and I get the following errors when I run the "make":

cc -c -I/data/sybase/freeTDS/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O -DVERSION=\"2.14\" -DXS_VERSION=\"2.14\" -KPIC
-I/data/sybase/DbaPerl4Msql/lib/perl5/5.6.1/sun4-solaris/CORE -DDBLIBVS=1000
-DSYBPLVER='"2.14"' -DDO_TIE DBlib.c
"DBlib.xs", line 912: undefined symbol: MAXNAME
"DBlib.xs", line 4351: warning: assignment type mismatch:
pointer to char "=" pointer to const char
"DBlib.xs", line 4430: warning: argument #3 is incompatible with prototype:
prototype: pointer to uchar :
"/data/sybase/freeTDS/include/sybdb.h", line 576
argument : pointer to char
"DBlib.c", line 5084: warning: assignment type mismatch:
pointer to char "=" pointer to const char
cc: acomp failed for DBlib.c
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `DBlib.o'
Current working directory /data/sybase/tmp/sybperl-2.14/DBlib
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'

Am I being silly here

Regards

Lakh

PLEASE READ: The information contained in this email is confidential
and intended for the named recipient(s) only. If you are not an intended
recipient of this email you must not copy, distribute or take any
further action in reliance on it and you should delete it and notify the
sender immediately. Email is not a secure method of communication and
Nomura International plc cannot accept responsibility for the accuracy
or completeness of this message or any attachment(s). Please examine this
email for virus infection, for which Nomura International plc accepts
no responsibility. If verification of this email is sought then please
Nomura International plc. This email is intended for informational
purposes only and is not a solicitation or offer to buy or sell
securities or related financial instruments. Nomura International plc is
regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a member of the
London Stock Exchange.

  • [freetds] Building sybperl ontop of freeTDS to connect to MS Sqlserver, Gill, Lakh, 07/23/2003