freetds - [freetds] Question about FreeTDS odbc.c and SQL_ATTR_ROW_BIND_TYPE

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Arjona, Ramon" <Ramon.Arjona AT wizards.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Question about FreeTDS odbc.c and SQL_ATTR_ROW_BIND_TYPE
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:10:51 -0700

Hi,

I'm using FreeTDS version 0.61 on Red Hat Linux with version 2.2.2 of
unixODBC. I'm connecting to an MS SQL 2000 box using TDSVER=8.0.
The application we're running is written in C/C++.

The problem that I am having is this: I am attempting to call
SQLSetStmtAttr as follows:

stat = SQLSetStmtAttr(mycmd, SQL_ATTR_ROW_BIND_TYPE, SQL_BIND_BY_COLUMN,
0);

This falls through into SQLSetStmtOption in odbc.c. This function then
falls through to the error handler, logging the message that
"odbc:SQLSetStmtOption: Statment option 5 not implemented" which in turn
causes the application to dump core.

My questions are as follows:

1) What should be the appropriate idiom to work around this problem in
FreeTDS? Should I just comment out the set attribute statement or is
there some other approach I ought to take.

2) If I were to attack the problem at odbc.c itself and attempt to
implement this function & option, can anyone reccomend a set of useful
reference documentation?

Any input is appreciated.

Thank you,
Ramon

The Master says, 'Man who falls in vat of molten glass makes spectacle
of himself.'