freetds - RE: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.61 broken with Sybase

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tim Uckun <tim AT diligence.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.61 broken with Sybase
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:11:27 -0600

Something has changed in the handling of an empty resultset, so in case
of an empty resultset a CS_CMD_SUCCESS, and when receiving 1+ rows
CS_ROW_RESULT is returned.

This seems to explain my problem as well. I am using php 4.3.2 (latest stable) and freetds .61 both on freebsd.

When I pull up an empty recordset the php call mssql_query returns a "1" as opposed to a resource handle. If there is at least one record then it returns a valid resource handle.

I should point out that this was working fine with a previous build of
freetds.

:wq
Tim Uckun
US Investigations Services/Due Diligence
http://www.diligence.com/