freetds - RE: [freetds] Odd statement execution problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Will Saxon" <WillS AT housing.ufl.edu>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Odd statement execution problem
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:34:42 -0400

Michael,

The 'local' context was needed for the $dbh connection handle, that was the
problem. The error was cropping up in a subroutine, whereas the database
connection was made in 'my' context outside the subroutine in question. It
was a perl thing, nothing freetds related at all, fortunately.

I just wonder why the script ever worked at all. I had recently modified it
to fork() for groups of input data to try and have it complete more quickly,
and that's the first I had noticed it.

-Will