freetds - [freetds] Config or environment setting for toggling quoted identifiers setting

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark Gruetzner" <mgruetzner AT rw3.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Config or environment setting for toggling quoted identifiers setting
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:29:55 -0500

Is there a configuration option I can specify in freetds.conf or as an
environment variable whereby I can specify the equivalent of:

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIERS OFF

When using tds version= 7.0 for connecting to MS SQL Server 7.0.

I have a ton of legacy code that works fine with tds version = 4.2, but
when I change tds version to 7.0, it seems that the quoted identifiers
setting is set to on by default with 7.0. It would be a real chore to
go in and fix all the legacy code to send the "SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIERS
OFF" string.

I really want to use 7.0 since I have found it to be much faster and
allows use of varchar() larger than 255...

Thanks,
Mark

  • [freetds] Config or environment setting for toggling quoted identifiers setting, Mark Gruetzner, 06/23/2003