freetds - [freetds] seg fault occurs when connecting to MS SQL server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Rachael LaPorte Taylor <rachael.laporte.taylor AT census.gov>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] seg fault occurs when connecting to MS SQL server 2000
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:24:05 -0400

Version 0.61

I successfully connect to a MS SQL Server 2000 using the tsql utility. However, I get a seg fault when using iodbc odbctest. gdb reports that it bombs at around line 1126 in connect.c (in the iodbc source) on the CALL_DRIVER macro. I've compiled with TDS version 4.2 and --with-iodbc=/path_to_iodbc per the FAQ.

Is this a driver problem or iodbc? I am able to successfully connect to a mysql database with odbctest using a myodbc driver.

I'm running this on RedHat 9.0 using the latest gcc.

Any suggestions?

--
Rachael LaPorte Taylor
U.S. Census Bureau

  • [freetds] seg fault occurs when connecting to MS SQL server 2000, Rachael LaPorte Taylor, 06/13/2003