freetds - [freetds] CT-lib and DB-lib API question

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Joel Apter" <japter AT ibxtech.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] CT-lib and DB-lib API question
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:03:48 -0400

If the ctlib/dblib APIs are so much more mature than the ODBC API, would it
be possible for me to write an application using the ct/db-lib API to
interface with a MS SQL 2000 server? I don't really need much of the
functionality offered in TDS versions greater than 4.2 (if this matters or
not I don't know). Could someone please point me to some ctlib/dblib API
documentation that I could as reference? Maybe I am misunderstanding this,
but is this what PHP currently uses to interface with the database since ODBC
is still lacking some features?