freetds - Re: [freetds] select bug...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] select bug...
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 02:51:13 -0400

On Tue, 13 May 2003 09:16:06 +0300, "Spyros Ioakim"
<sioakim AT atlas.ace-hellas.gr> wrote:
> I can't download the latest release because the ibiblio ftp is down at
> the moment (yes I'm stupid and I erased the old version I had so I can't
> apply patch)
> Is there any other alternate download location?

Special for you today, if ibiblio's not back online already:

http://www.schemamania.org/projects/freetds/src/tds/iconv/freetds-0.62.dev.20030513.tar.gz

> 1. iconv --version
> iconv (GNU libc) 2.3.2

I don't know what to make of that. Does "iconv -l |grep 8859-*7" (that's
a lowercase -l, as in "--list") show anything?

> 2. Maybe you haven't realised the complications of a brand new release
> like Redhat 9 :-P

You're kidding, right? Are you on RH8? Because that's a UTF-8 setup.

> make iso-8859-7.bin
> g++ -O2 -g -o make_charset make_charset.cpp
> make_charset.cpp: In function `int main(int, char**)':
> make_charset.cpp:14: `string' undeclared (first use this function)

These and subsequent errors stem from not having your -I set up to find
your C++ header files. You could adjust according to:

$ find /usr/include -name string
/usr/include/g++/string

or look in the same directory as the tarball for my copy of the .bin file.

> 3. In other news: Yesterday after I had put client charset = ISO-8859-7
> in my freetds.conf I noticed that indeed tsql ignored it but php would
> not process any scripts that had mssql commands.
> I didn't go into detail and see the exact queries but after I commended
> out the client charset line everything went back to normal.
> Maybe this is another headache for us but maybe it will help you go into
> the right direction (?)

The baffling thing atm is why iconv refuses to convert your client-side
data. Or maybe it's us; the patch will show all. This for sure: if tsql
won't process your query, there's no chance PHP will.

Well, it's getting late here. I think I'll turn in and see how you fared
in the (my) morning.

Cheers,