freetds - RE: [freetds] select bug...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Spyros Ioakim" <sioakim AT atlas.ace-hellas.gr>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] select bug...
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 00:38:57 +0300

OK more trouble coming your way :-)

I have added client charset = ISO-8859-7 in freetds.conf and executed
tsql:
/usr/local/freetds/bin/tsql -Saceoffice -Usa -I
/usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf
locale is "en_US"
charset is "ISO-8859-1"
Password:
Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1, Server ACEOFFICE, Line 0
Changed language setting to us_english.
1>

No changing to ISO-8859-7.

Then changed my locale to el_GR:

/usr/local/freetds/bin/tsql -Saceoffice -Usa
locale is "el_GR"
charset is "ISO-8859-7"
Password:

And tsql hangs there..
The log is full of the following:
Starting log file for FreeTDS 0.62.dev.20030511
on 2003-05-13 00:16:07 with debug level 99.
iconv to convert client-side data to the "ISO-8859-7" character set
00:16:07.741573 tds_iconv_info_init: cannot convert
"ISO-8859-7"->"UCS-2LE"
00:16:07.741606 Connecting to 192.168.2.253 port 1433, TDS 8.0.
00:16:07.741954 tds_put_string converting 19 bytes of
"atlas.ace-hellas.gr"
00:16:07.741975 tds_put_string converting 19 bytes of
"atlas.ace-hellas.gr"
00:16:07.741990 tds_put_string converting 19 bytes of
"atlas.ace-hellas.gr"
00:16:07.742004 tds_put_string converting 19 bytes of
"atlas.ace-hellas.gr"
.
.
.

atlas.ace-hellas.gr is the box I'm trying to connect from.

In other words I can't switch to iso8859-7 and give it a shot.
Although I tried the following that makes sense with tsql in regard with
what you are saying:

/usr/local/freetds/bin/tsql -Saceoffice -Usa
/usr/local/freetds/etc/freetds.conf
locale is "en_US"
charset is "ISO-8859-1"
Password:
Msg 5703, Level 0, State 1, Server ACEOFFICE, Line 0
Changed language setting to us_english.
1> use office
2> select 'p' <--- This is greek letter Pi
3> go

?
1>

So it has to do something with the greek characters and the charsets.

But the problem for me is that I can't switch to iso8859-7 to try it
out.

Thanks for all your help guys
Spyros