freetds - RE: [freetds] Testing charset

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Testing charset
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 14:56:13 -0400

Ugh. The mere existence of a function called "tds_fix_connect" is
symptomatic of a problem, if you ask me. Every time I look at this, I
think: We need to separate reading freetds.conf from connecting to the
server. Before we start connecting to the server, we should *know* the
options we're going to use. All the juggling of default, environment, and
freetds.conf should be done in advance.

> Perhaps we should initialize TDSCONNECTINFO->client_charset
> to empty and
> set it to default on tds_fix_connect ?? This should fix the problem...

Eventually, as you know, I'd like to replace our config-file parser with my
nvp library. In the meantime, you probably have the best knowledge of how
to fix the "2c" problem.

> AM_ICONV is now defined in gettext (same implementation)...
>
> IMHO some simple rows can fix the problem
>
> if test "$am_cv_func_iconv" = yes; then
> OLDLIBS="$LIBS"
> LIBS="$LIBS $LIBICONV"
> AC_CHECK_FUNCS(locale_charset)