freetds - [freetds] 0.61 tsql core dump, locale = "C C C C C C"

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Cooperstock, Dan" <dan.cooperstock AT hepcoe.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] 0.61 tsql core dump, locale = "C C C C C C"
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:11:07 -0400

I've compiled 0.61, using these arguments to configure:

./configure --with-tdsver=8.0 --enable-msdblib

When I run tsql and try to connect to my MS SQL Server 2000, I get the
following output:

in main[1]/usr/local/etc/locales.conf
Found file.
Looking for section default.
Found section default.
Got a match.
insection!
option = date format
value = %b %d %Y %I:%M%p
insection!
option = language
value = us_english
insection!
option = char set
value = iso_1
Found section en_us.
s =
[2][3]
[3.1]
[3.2]
locale is "C C C C C C"
charset is "roman8"
[3.4]
[7]
[7]
[7]
[3.5]
[3.51]
[3.52]
[3.6]
[3.61]
[3.3]
[4]
Bus error (core dumped)

For starters, I'm not sure why tsql is being so verbose. Somebody else set
this up initially, so they may have tweaked some setting. I haven't touched
locales.conf at all. My entry for the SQL Server in freetds.conf is:

[sqldev]
host = sqldev.hepcoe.com
port = 1433
tds version = 8.0

I'm following the advice in the BUGS file that server names need to be lower
case.

Any ideas?

Dan Cooperstock, Senior Technical Consultant, HEPCOE Credit Union
dcoops AT hepcoe.com 416-597-5055