freetds - RE: [freetds] Things to do

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Things to do
  • Date: 12 Apr 2003 09:21:54 +0200

> > - test variable-byte (utf8/big5)
>
> Yes. Except I don't know if we have to handle stateful encodings. If your
> algorithm is ready for prime time, OK.

Perhaps my algorithm is perfect. However it's only in pseudo-language...

> > - test all string length computation and rewrite some code (many code
> > assume fixed character conversions)
>
> Much also assumes the first zero byte terminates a string... And many OS's
> don't provide a wide-character equivalent of strlen() et. al. Makes me wish
> for C++ and STL and basic_string<>, but I think we're going to get away with
> pointer-to-buffer + count-of-bytes.

We can use this method
- hold length in bytes
- is fixed size (min == max) ? len = bytes / min
- is utf8 ? use formula
- convert string to ucs4 (using a temporary buffer) and count converted
characters...

> > - SQLGetInfo
>
> All of SQLGetInfo? Or just just what's in TODO?

All in TODO. Is not difficult to implement SQLGetInfo (just return what
odbc driver support).