freetds - [freetds] iconv_t

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] iconv_t
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 00:28:36 -0400

One more item.

#if HAVE_ICONV
iconv_info->to_wire = (iconv_t) -1;
iconv_info->from_wire = (iconv_t) -1;
#endif

Is the problem that iconv_t is not defined in Win32? If so, let's handle
that in config.h.

I am trying to get rid of #if HAVE_ICONV, and make the code flow straight
through.

Also, we need these initialized, to decide whether or not to call iconv,
cf iconv.c:171. There are times we'll have iconv linked in, but for a
particular server, connection, or charset we won't want to (or won't be
able to) use iconv.