freetds - RE: [freetds] Help: MSSql/FreeTDS/Python now unstable

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Lowden, James K" <LowdenJK AT bernstein.com>
  • To: "'FreeTDS Development Group'" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Help: MSSql/FreeTDS/Python now unstable
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:19:19 -0500

I think it's very unlikely that we'd return 1 column of metadata where three
exist; the bug was zero or all. It's possible we return a code that Python
doesn't/shouldn't expect, causing it to cease collecting metadata earlier
than it should. Or something else.

Which API are we talking about, please? And can you reproduce the problem
outside Python? We need to isolate the library and interface if we're going
to locate the troublemaker. I know it's a nuisance, but I can't suggest
anything better without breaking out gdb. After all, it's easy to prove the
server sent the metadata; the question is, who dropped the ball and why?

sqsh uses ct-lib; there are various odbc tools about. I don't have a
general purpose db-lib exerciser, but I have a rudimenrary isql for db-lib
that might suit your purpose.

out such orders and/or instructions.