freetds - RE: [freetds] Help: MSSql/FreeTDS/Python now unstable

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Paul Rensing <prensing AT cimetrics.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] Help: MSSql/FreeTDS/Python now unstable
  • Date: 17 Mar 2003 11:40:14 -0500

James,

Thanks for replying, but unfortunately, it did not help. I updated to
last night's snapshot, but I am still getting the problem.

I suspect that you are right that it is not getting the metadata.
However, AFAIK, my queries are returning data.

I modified my code a little to get more info. In the case you cited, the
Python "description" table reports a single column (there should be 3)
with an empty description. Specifically it reports:
name ''
type_code 2
display_size 0
internal_size 4
precision 0
scale 0
null_ok 0

Is it possible that this same bug exists in a different code path?

Paul