freetds - Re: [freetds] openbsd/3.0 freetds 0.61 build errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT schemamania.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] openbsd/3.0 freetds 0.61 build errors
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:39:12 -0500

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:08:52 -0500, "Jamie ffolliott" <jamieff AT inline.net>
wrote:

> Figured out it was because of the 2nd line, where it was trying to link
> to the libtds.so from my 0.60 build installed to /usr/lib, instead of
> from../tds/.libs. I removed the 0.60 tds libs from /usr/lib and the
> build completed.

I would have thought tsql would be installed after libtsql, so if your
0.61 PREFIX was /usr, you'd be OK....

> If only the priority of dirs that ld searches in were the other way
> around, the entire build would complete.

Yes, but you'd have old libraries sitting around. I'm not sure what the
right answer is; perhaps others have thoughts. Maybe we should rejigger
things somewhat.

> The three things I was looking for - odbc error details, dsn'less
> connections, and selects on datetime fields returning the canonical odbc
> date format - are fixed in this release. great ;)

I'm pleased you're pleased. :-) Thanks for writing back to explain the
solution. You might be the first, but you're not the only one who could
get caught by this.