freetds - RE: [freetds] openbsd/3.0 freetds 0.61 build errors

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jamie ffolliott" <jamieff AT inline.net>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] openbsd/3.0 freetds 0.61 build errors
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 03:08:52 -0500

> Hmm. Your link statement is quite different from mine, on NetBSD.
>
> You: gcc -g -O2 -o .libs/tsql tsql.o \
> -L/usr/lib \
^^^^^^^^^
> -lcurses \
> -lreadline \
> -L../tds/.libs \
> -ltds

Figured out it was because of the 2nd line, where it was trying to link to
the libtds.so from my 0.60 build installed to /usr/lib, instead of from
../tds/.libs. I removed the 0.60 tds libs from /usr/lib and the build
completed.

If only the priority of dirs that ld searches in were the other way around,
the entire build would complete.

Thanks for your help James, I don't know if this could be fixed by libtool
but it'd be convenient if it was.

The three things I was looking for - odbc error details, dsn'less
connections, and selects on datetime fields returning the canonical odbc
date format - are fixed in this release. great ;)